PLEASE NOTE: This page will regularly be updated.
Updated on 19 May 3:00 PM
The following national rules apply:
- We request all visitors to follow the RIVM guidelines. If you or someone in your family has a cold or fever, please stay home and do not come to Diergaarde Blijdorp.
- Keep 1,5 meters (1 gorilla) distance from others.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces.
- You are free to wear a face mask or other protection, but it is not mandatory.
- Do not shake hands and sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
Tickets and timeslot reservations
- For subscriptionholders it is possible to reserve a timeslot for 20 May – 2 June. Starting from 2 June, tickets and timeslot reservations are available for visitors too.
- E-tickets and timeslot reservations for all familymembers must be purchased via our website in advance.
- It is not possible to make a reservation my phone.
- Please note that no entrance tickets are sold at the visitor center. This also applies to subscribers and visitors who already have a valid admission ticket.
- Your tickets/subscriptionholder pass and time slot are scanned at the entrance (on print or mobile phone)
- If everyone keeps to the arrival times, there will be no queues at the entrance.
- Please make sure you are on time. If you are late, your ticket will expire.
- When you leave Rotterdam Zoo your ticket is scanned again so that we know how many people are in the park. Please keep your entrance ticket with you.
Rotterdam Zoo is open every day from 10 AM to 4 PM. Arrival times are from 10 AM to 1 PM.
Our old entrance on the Rivièrahal side is closed for the time being. You can only access our zoo via the main entrance: Blijdorplaan 8, 3041 JG Rotterdam.
Our employees will make sure there is plenty of space between the cars on our parking lot, so that everyone can get out quietly and walk safely to the gate. All visitors will enter in phases, so we do not expect traffic jams when parking. Make sure you are on time. If you are too early, we kindly ask you to wait in your car. Parkingtickets are available at the exit for €9,50.
Accessibility and rentals
Rotterdam Zoo is well accessible to those in wheelchairs. There is a limited number of wheelchairs available free of charge. It is strongly recommended that you book a wheelchair in advance.
For a relaxed journey of discovery with small children, you can also rent a stroller at the entrance for €3,50. Both will be of disinfected before use.
To avoid group formation, here are temporarily no additional activities such as feeding presentations, guided tours, lessons and bird shows. The Jungle Express alos does not run.
Outdoor playground Oewanja Lodge is open for children up to 12 years old. Indoor playground Biotopia is still being prepared for opening.
We have done our utmost to keep most animals optimally visible, of course within the limits of the corona measures. Almost all animals can be seen (sometimes a little further away than you are used to). Covered enclosures such as the Oceanium, Amazonica and Crocodile River are open for public. Our stewards make sure that there are no queues. Unfortunately Taman Indah, the maki walk-through enclosure at the Oceanium, the fly cage in Asia, the inner enclosure of the gorillas and the inner enclosure of the geladas are closed.
There is an adapted route, with one-way traffic in many places. This is indicated on the map, which will be handed out upon arrival and is also visible in our free Blijdorp App.
Food and drinks
We offer food and drinks to go. Please download our Blijdorp App or the current opening hours of all restaurants. Please not that you can only pay with a debitcard. The terraces are not yet open. We follow government guidelines for this.
We clean toilet units more often. Intermediate toilets are closed in the toilet units to provide sufficient space for our visitors. You can use the toilet units at: Restaurant de Lepelaar, Haaienzaal, Amazonica, Oewanja Lodge and indoor playground Biotopia. The changing rooms and accessible toilets are also located here.
Our souvenirshop is temporarily closed. We offer souvenirs via our online webshop.
Connect and share
Visited our zoo? Please leave your review on Tripadvisor and share your pictures with us via Instagram or Facebook with #rotterdamzoo #diergaardeblijdorp.